"I have a Costco membership. Why do I need a Church Membership?"
Church membership is an interesting thing. There are plenty of articles about how it is declining in the United States. At San Clemente Church, we believe there are many inherent benefits to continuing the legacy of church memberships. Along with the benefits, there are some important responsibilities associated with becoming a member of our church. Finally, we believe there is a Biblical precedent for church membership.
- You have the benefit of receiving care of, and being accountable to, spiritual leaders. (Hebrews 13:17)
- You have the benefits of church power to shape the ministry of the congregation. (Acts 6:1-6)
- You are not ashamed to identify with Christ or His people. (Mark 8:38)
- You stop being an independent Christian. (Matthew 8:15-17)
- You have greater opportunities to use spiritual gifts. (1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 4)
- You openly demonstrate the reality of the body of Christ. (1 Corinthians 12:27)
- You encourage new believers to a commitment to the local body. (Hebrews 10:24)
- Informal membership privileges include church ceremonies such as marriage, and opportunities to lead church ministries or serve as church officers, either as a deacon or elder. Members may baptize or dedicate their children into the covenant family as well.
If you are interested in learning more about church membership, please contact us.
We offer membership classes every quarter and cannot wait to discuss this opportunity with you.
All are welcome. And that means you.
Is to be a vibrant, Christ-centered community of faith who lives in grace, practices gratitude, and extends generosity